Monday, April 5, 2010

it's so mavericky

"I never considered myself a maverick," "I consider myself a person who serves the people of Arizona to the best of his abilities."- John McCain

WOW. I'm still taking this in; but did anyone who payed and attention to the 2008 campaign, or any of the press coverage on him from the 2000 GOP primary on, not think John McCain wanted to be known as a maverick? Regardless if the reality is/was that all he did was buck his party once or twice(first Bush tax cuts, torture). Granted that is, as Sarah Palin would say, "Mavericky" when you look at the sheepish ability republicans have for towing the line.

Hat tip to Josh Marshall and talking points memo-
http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/04/mccain-i-never-considered-myself-a-maverick.php?ref=fpblg

No comments:

Post a Comment